Friday, January 13, 2012

Successful Surgery!

All clean before surgery!  Thanks, dad, for covering him up
Theo's surgeon just came to let us know that the surgery was successful.  He said the PEG tube is already "water tight," but it will be a day or two until we start dialysis and feeds again.  Nick and I are waiting to go and see him now.

We are thankful for another successful surgery!  Now we will pray that it remains water tight, that there is no infection, and no other complications.


Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes today!  We will post another update in a few days to let everyone know how Theo's recovery goes.  For now, though, I anticipate that Theo will be uncomfortable and hungry for the next 48 hours.

Dad is the best!
I've included a couple of pictures from pre-surgery.  One highlight for me today: I was able to carry Theo from the NICU to the OR pre-op room.  This was the first time that I have held him outside of a 5-foot radius from his crib.  I was one proud mom as I carried him through a group of nurses that all commented on how precious he is.  Let's hope that Theo's next "field trip" from the NICU does not involve a surgery.

Hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Baby Theo is looking so cute! Hope and pray for more "field trips"!!!
    Polly Pearson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theo having his head rubbed is the most heavenly thing I've seen in a long time! What a doll! Love you all, Aunt Bobbie

    ReplyDelete