|We love taking walks with Theo|
Let me tell you a little bit about Theo:
1) He has a smile that melts my heart.
2) He talks and talks and talks.
3) He loves to wiggle.
4) He is incredibly curious. If I try to hold him close to me, he will have none of it. He wants to be up on my shoulder, examining all that the world has to offer.
5) He has some amazing "dance-offs" with his dad. For those of you unaccustomed to a dance-off, it involves Nick dancing like a crazy man while Theo quietly watches him. As soon as Nick is done and points to Theo for his turn, Theo starts wiggling. Both of the men in my life know how to shake it.
7) You would be hard pressed to find a happier baby.
8) If Theo is fussing, he must be hungry. Otherwise, he pretty much doesn't fuss. We recently started rice cereal to help cope with the extra hunger.
9) He loves being outdoors. Watching him look at the trees while we walk through the park is an incredible experience.
If you can't tell, I am so happy. Having Theo home has been amazing. Is it challenging? Yes. Are there days when I feel like the laundry will never end? I'm pretty sure there aren't any days now when I feel like it will end. Are there days when I struggle with balancing work and home life? I'm sure that answer is pretty obvious. But, is it more rewarding and more fulfilling than I could have ever imagined? Undoubtedly. I love my life.
|Getting checked out at an appointment|
|Eating rice cereal! Yummy!|
|Kisses from mom and Great Grandma Laney|
On the dialysis front, treatment has been going very well. Every night is still an adventure for Nick and me to set up the system, change Theo's dressing, give him his shot and medications, weigh him and take his blood pressure, but we are starting to settle into a routine. In an encouraging development, the nephrologists tested the adequacy of Theo's dialysis a couple of weeks ago, and it was determined that he could drop from 12 hours to 11 hours per night. One hour in the life of an active baby makes a significant difference.
Most importantly, I don't think that Nick or I could ask for a happier baby. Theo is such a champ. He smiles constantly throughout the day, laughs at his dad, loves to talk, and takes great pleasure in wiggling. For someone who has been through a lot of unpleasant stuff, he sets the standard for how to be joyful.
|Meeting the cousins! Theo loves Callie and Brynn|
|Cool Aunt Whit is the best|
|Loving life with Grandma|
I apologize for taking so long to provide an update. Thanks to all who have continued to pray for Theo and for us. We continue to pray that he will heal, he will grow, and that we will find the right kidney for him at the right time. We have a lot more prayers, too, but most of them right now are prayers of thanks. Hope you all have a great week!
A few more pictures below:
|Great Grandma and Great Grandpa with "The Champ"|
|Such a fun visit from the Dickman clan!|
|Until next time!|